Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Concrete Ideas

Finally, I've decided on a subject for my introduction. I started to think on subjects that I'm interested on and that I genuinely want to learn more about, when I came across what is known as Technological Singularity. The MIT press defines it as "The idea of technological singularity, and what it would mean if ordinary human intelligence were enhanced or overtaken by artificial intelligence." This is not a new concept at all and has been portrayed in countless films, most famously though Terminator and 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Image result for hal 9000Image result for skynet

While I was thinking about this I thought: If this ever happens, how and when will be the first time that a human-made robot or AI will disobey it's creator. That's when it occurred to me to portray this in my film opening. It will start with a boy and a brand new machine or AI that was given to him as a present. The machine will be called Adam, as that's the name given to the first human according to the bible and this machine will be the 'first' to start the new revolution. The boy will be watching or reading Frankenstein in the beginning as it shares the same concept that the creation of one betrays the creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment