Saturday, March 9, 2019

Props

I've been searching all over my house for potential props and objects for the film. To portray Adam I think I'll use an old laptop and modify it into something that looks more futuristic (because laptops are not futuristic nor intimidating at all). Instead I want to build something simplistic but advanced. I've also made kind of a list of things I wanna subtly hint to like: Boston Dynamics and their huge impact on AI robots owned by Google, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Valve's video game series Portal, Daft Punk, etc.

Portal is probably my favorite game as it has one of the most creative and cool concepts ever, it's a great game developed by a great company like Valve, it's story is compelling and filled with clever humor and if I had to play a game all over again it would be Portal without a doubt. Portal 2's beginning also kind of inspired me because it begins with no explanation to what happened after the ending of the first game. You just appear in a futuristic but destroyed society in which nature has taken over and there's no other living thing but you. The villain in Portal is GLaDOS, who is a super smart computer that makes you go through countless puzzles in order to test the portal gun.
                                                                                          GLaDOSImage result for glados portal

No comments:

Post a Comment