Thursday, February 28, 2019

More Research

I haven't decided for the plot yet but I'm writing down some ideas. A popular technique used by directors to catch the audience's attention is to start the movie in an already developed setting. This means that there is no introduction to any characters or plot, instead the viewer is left wondering what is happening and why is happening. Then I would proceed to subtly explain what is happening without explicitly telling the viewer because I think it's important to make the viewer think for possible explanations and it makes a more interesting way of storytelling. Also, I want to incorporate some type of slight plot twist to set the tone for an unpredictable film.


This introduction for The Dark Knight directed by Christopher Nolan is a great example of a very unexpected and fast-paced intro where there are plot twists that develop the characters, especially the Joker. A problem with my film could be the lack of actors as I'm doing it on my own, which is why I'm planning on only concentrating on one character and the setting instead of showing many characters or audiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment